Volunteering at Oakville Public Library
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Oakville Public Library is currently accepting online applications from high school students 14 years+ who wish to volunteer for 2015's TD Summer Reading Program. Students will promote children's literacy throughout the summer and be positive reading role models. Please note that all applications for this position must be completed online. Students will be contacted for interviews and orientation mid-June.
Main responsibilities include:
- Explaining how the TD Summer Reading Program works and how to earn great prizes
- Registering children for the TD Summer Reading Program electronically with the participant's library card
- Providing participants with the registration package and setting reading goals
- Using the online administrative application, log that materials were provided
- Demonstrating to customers how to log their reading progress online
- Playing a reading comprehension game with participants
- Promoting programs, events and contests
- For drop-in programs, running an activity
- Preparing program and craft supplies.
Other volunteer opportunities for high school students
If you are a high school student and wish to be considered for other volunteer opportunities,
feel free to take a copy of our
Completed applications can be dropped off at any of our
(In order to volunteer at OPL, you must be at least 14 years old and currently registered in high school.)
Looking for volunteer opportunities in Halton Region? Volunteer Halton links people who want to volunteer with organizations that need volunteers.