This position will be posted internally and externally, concurrently.
Community Information Updater - Summer Student
Job Posting Number: 12-25
Seasonal 12 Week, Full-Time
35 Hours Per Week
Location: Central- Online Services
Report To: Community Information Database Coordinator
Start Date: May 2012
RESUMES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ELECTRONICALLY AS YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE FORM.
RESUMES RECEIVED BY ANY OTHER METHOD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Funding for this project has been made available through Service Canada –Canada Summer Jobs Program. Conditions of the Service Canada grant state that applicants must be full-time students, between the ages of 16 and 30 who will be returning to post-secondary education on a full-time basis in the fall.
The following qualifications are essential to be successful in this position:
- Enrolment in university/community college for 2012/2013 Academic Year
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with the public and co-workers
- Detail oriented person
- Demonstrated computer skills - experience with word-processing, web based searches, database searching
- Data entry experience
- Contact organizations to verify or update information in Halton Community Services Database
- Research new programs, services and events
- Record all changes as appropriate
- Follow established standards and guidelines to enter information in relevant databases and publications
- Other duties as assigned
Closing Date: 13 May 2012
Apply Online Apply through http://www.opl.on.ca/about/jobs. Resumes submitted through any other means will not be accepted.
The Library will require a security clearance check (dated within the last year) from an applicant as a condition of employment with the Oakville Public Library.
OPL endeavors to provide a safe environment for all its employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.