This position will be posted internally and externally, concurrently.
Job Posting Number: 12-26
20 Hours Per Week
Includes, Day, Evening, Weekend Shifts
Location: Iroquois Ridge
Report To: Branch Manager
Salary: $22.10 - $28.47
Start Date: June 2012
The following qualifications are essential to be successful in this position:
- Library specific education, i.e., Library Techniques Diploma or equivalent experience
- Public Library Experience with strong internal and external customer service orientation
- Knowledge of and experience working with library resources in all formats to support reference and readers’ advisory to library users of all ages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of new technologies affecting library services
- Experience working with teenagers, families, adults and seniors in a busy branch environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include days, evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
The following qualifications would be considered an asset in this position:
- Up-do-date computer skills; facility with an integrated library system (e.g. Horizon), demonstrated competency in MSWord and Excel.
- Awareness of and experience with web social discovery tools
- Library related school age programming, knowledge/training/experience
- Experience working with community outreach in a library capacity
- Interest and skill in merchandising library collections
- Provide information, ‘roving’ reference and readers’ advisory and related duties for the public on evening, weekend and day shifts
- Assist customers and staff in using print, digital and/or web based resources available on the OPL website
- Assist with reference desk documentation and collection maintenance (e.g. weeding, new materials check-in and inventory control)
- Assist with school age programs, outreach and training as required
- Assist with other branch programs, as required
- Assist with visual merchandising of the library collections
- In-charge duties as assigned
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Closing Date: 13 May 2012
Apply ToSubmit current resume and cover letter, quoting Job Posting number to:Margaret Cleverdon, Human Resources Administrator
120 Navy St, Oakville, On, L6J 2Z4
Fax: (905) 815-2024 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library will require a security clearance check (dated within the last year) from an applicant as a condition of employment with the Oakville Public Library.
OPL endeavors to provide a safe environment for all its employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.