This position will be posted internally and externally, concurrently.
ON - CALL Library Aide (4 Openings)
Job Posting Number: 12-24
Includes, Day, Evening, Weekend Shifts
Report To: Branch Supervisor
Salary: $12.84 - $16.54
Start Date: May 2012
Location: Branch Libraries – Clearview, Iroquois Ridge, White Oaks, Glen Abbey, Woodside and Central
ON-CALL positions are used to fill gaps in the Library Aide schedule.
Flexibility is key as there are no set hours of work.
The following qualifications are essential to be successful in this position:
- Grade 10 or equivalent with good working knowledge of English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule which will include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts, as scheduled.
- Possess enthusiasm, and the ability to focus on providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
The following qualifications would be considered an asset in this position:
- Demonstrated skill-set to assist in the orientation of Pages and new Library Aides.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all age groups in a busy environment with minimum supervision.
- Computer knowledge, Horizon and Microsoft Outlook
- Sort and shelve books and/or other library materials.
- Shelf-read library material to ensure correct alphabetical or numerical order; rearrange as necessary.
- Assistance with circulation desk procedures including automated procedures, such as check-in, check-out, data entry of patronstration forms.
- Empty Book-drop.
- Light lifting may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: 06 May 2012
Apply ToSubmit current resume and cover letter, quoting Job Posting number to:Margaret Cleverdon, Human Resources Administrator
120 Navy St, Oakville, On, L6J 2Z4
Fax: (905) 815-2024 or E-Mail: email@example.com
The Library will require a security clearance check (dated within the last year) from an applicant as a condition of employment with the Oakville Public Library.
OPL endeavors to provide a safe environment for all its employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.