Downloading eBooks and transferring to a Kobo/Sony Reader/Pandigital eReader
If you are using a Sony Reader Wi-Fi, please see Downloading eBooks from OverDrive/Libraries on the Go to a Sony Reader Wi-Fi.
2. Open Adobe Digital Editions for the first time and proceed with Adobe’s authorization procedure.
3. Go to http://librariesonthego.library.on.ca and search and find an eBook that you would like to check out. To download one immediately, select one that indicates “Add to Cart”. “Place a Hold” means that you will be placed on the Hold list and will be emailed when the eBook becomes available for you to download.
4. Check out the eBook and click on the Download link button.
5. When prompted, select “Open with Adobe…”. Do NOT select “Save” file.
6. The eBook will open in Adobe Digital Editions. Click on the Bookshelf view in Adobe Digital Editions (top left icon with books in a row).
7. Plug in the eReader to the computer with the USB cable. On an original or wireless Kobo eReader, select “Manage Library” on the eReader. On a Kobo Touch eReader, tap “Connect” on the eReader.
8. The eReader model will appear in the list of bookshelves in Adobe Digital Editions on the left side.
9. Click on the eBook’s cover and drag and drop it into the eReader listed in the list of bookshelves.
10. The eBook will be transferred immediately.
11. Eject your eReader and unplug the USB cable from your computer.
12. Your eReader will process the new content. On an original or wireless Kobo eReader, the book will be listed in the “I’m Reading” section; on a Kobo Touch eReader, its cover will be shown on the Home page.
Please also see: http://www.overdrive.com/files/eBookHowToGuide.pdf
Note that these instructions do not apply to Kindle as Kindle is incompatible with library eBooks in Canada at this time.