Regrettably, as of December 31, 2013, the provider of these e-mail notifications, BiblioCommons, will be discontinuing the service as they work towards developing a broader, more reliable notification system. As a result it will no longer be available to Oakville Public Library customers.
We are looking for other reliable options to provide this reminder service as we know that it is valuable to you.
In the interim, there are many ways to manage your library account and keep track of when your books are due.
· Date due slips will continue to be printed when you check out materials that indicate when items are due back.
· Call (905) 815-5996 to renew items or check due dates via our automated telephone renewal line.
· Ask a staff member to check your account for you the next time you stop in or call any Oakville Public Library branch.
· You can check due dates, place holds, create reading lists and review checked out items right from your mobile device using our OPL to Go mobile app. It is available for iPhone and Android devices.
· Another alternative is to log in to our website at www.opl.ca. From there you can also review your account, check due dates, manage your holds and see what is new at OPL from your computer or tablet.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this discontinuance may cause and hope you will explore our digital account management platforms going forward.
Should you have any questions whatsoever, please don’t hesitate to contact: Susan Kun, Manager, Branch Support at (905) 815-2042 ext. 5141