120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Meeting rooms in the library bring together the resources of the library and the activities of the community for educational, cultural, civic, recreational and charitable purposes. When not required for library use, the Oakville Public Library offers select meeting rooms that can be rented for use by individuals, groups or organizations. Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis during branch hours.
How to Book a Room
To start the process of booking a room, clients should inquire via email or phone as follows:
|Central||905-815-2042 ext. 5024||CentralRoomBooking@oakville.ca|
- Completed contract executed by the Client and the Oakville Public Library
- Photo ID
- Full payment
- Any of the following provisions if applicable:
- Letter indicating signing authority, general liability insurance, proof of status: i.e. current tax return, constitution or registered charitable number.
Discounted and Regular Rates
Rates vary according to status: i.e. corporate, individual, registered non-profit and registered charity.
Corporate, individual and unregistered associations and organizations will be charged the regular rate. Registered not-for-profits or charitable organizations will be charged the discounted rate upon receipt of proof (i.e. current tax returns, constitution or registered charitable number), as outlined in the contract and with approval from the Room Bookings department.
$5 million general liability insurance, naming the Town of Oakville and the Oakville Public Library as additional insured, is required if the Client meets either of the following criteria: more than 30 people will be present at the event or the event lasts longer than 4 hours.
There is an administration charge of $40.00 for all payments by cheque returned non-sufficient funds.
Any cancellation with at least eight (8) days' notice will be charged a $15.00 administration fee. Any cancellation between three (3) to seven (7) days will be charged a $35.00 administration fee.
What else do I need to know?
- The Client is required to read and comply with the Rzone Respect and Responsibility procedure, the Oakville Public Library Room Rental Policy and the contract.
- Room set-ups must be confirmed at least seven (7) days prior to the booking date.
- The client and attendees of the clients event are expected to be respectful of the Library environment and keep all noise to a minimum.
- The Client will be billed for any damages to the room and/or resources.
- To avoid charges, the Client will be required to leave the room in the same condition it was in prior to use.
- Customers and attendees must vacate the room no later than the contract end time.
- Contracts are confirmed when signed by the Clients authorized representative over the age of 18 years and the Oakville Public Library. All contract requirements must be met prior to execution of the contract.
- Depending on branch availability, the Library offers resources to Room Rental Clients, which must be arranged in advance. Some are offered for free and some are available at a charge to the Client. Resources include: VCR/monitor, DVD/monitor, retractable screen, whiteboard, coffee and tea urns, tables, chairs, microphone, flip chart, etc. Wi-Fi is available throughout the Library.
- Please note that Library meeting rooms will be unavailable for rent on statutory holidays.